- Title: Planning and learning
- Speaker: Piotr Miłoś (Polish Academy of Sciences)
- Time and date: 1pm to 2pm, September 15th, 2021 (Wednesday)
- Room: Virtual (Zoom)
The Game AI Research Group is glad to announce a (virtual) talk by Piotr Miłoś on Wednesday September 15th at 13:00.
All welcome (especially students), no pre-booking required
Planning and search have been immensely studied topics in AI research. However, still many questions stay unanswered. In my talk, I will explore topics on the intersection of planning and learning. A general question is how learning methods can be used to make planning more efficient. A closely related one is how to develop planning methods robust to (unavoidable) errors of learned models.
I will present Subgoal Search and Entropy Search Tree based on our recent work  .
-  Subgoal Search For Complex Reasoning Tasks, arXiv2108.11204
-  Robust and Efficient Planning using Adaptive Entropy Tree Search, arXiv2102.06808
Piotr Milos is an associate professor at the Polish Academy of Sciences, where he leads the Awarelab research group (https://awarelab.gitlab.io/website/). The group focuses on machine learning topics with an emphasis on reinforcement learning. Before working in ML prof. Milos specialized in probability theory.